Abi and I just unpinned her Bat Shawl, that I blocked earlier today.
If you know about this project, yes, I finally picked up all those stitches and knit the damn edging.
If you don't know, I started the shawl (from this black w/teal alpaca, spun on my Joy) as a Christmas gift for Abi. Not this past Christmas but the Christmas before. I didn't blog it or enter it into my WIPs on Ravelry because I wanted it to be a huge surprise. This was to be her BIG gift in a year we couldn't afford big gifts. But something else came through (thanks so much, Kay!) for her main gift and I put this aside to work on stockings.
Abi's thrilled with it. She was going to wear it to school--unblocked--today but I promised it'd be waaaay better blocked first. So I absolutely had to block it. She checked on it when she came home from school. Asked why it took me so long to get around to finishing it.
Well, there was math involved. And then the picking up of (almost 400) stitches. And 30 ever expanding rows in the edging. My brain just went NO. No. NO. And no. I had to wait until enough time went by that it seemed like a whole new project.
I apologize for the crappy pinned out pic. It'll have to do until I get something better.